Hemichromis Fasciatus Spawn!

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
After 3 months of trying to get these guys to pair (male kept whoopin my female) I started talking to my GF about getting rid of them as I was tired of having my tank divided and I have 5 WC Hemichromis Fasciatus I'm trying to pair in my 180g. I came home the next day and after talking to my GF about it and found my male on the other side of the divider and they were just chillin together. I left the divider up for 4 days to let them be and watched them very closely. Once I moved the divider, the magic started happening.

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
Sorry guys been super busy. This pairs tank is divided atm. Male whooped on my female. I how have another WC Hemichromis Fasciatus starting to pair up

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
I have Widow (OG Female) divided in a 90g with another WC H. Fasciatus male. This male is from the 2nd batch that came around. Was getting beat up for a while, then he just took over. He was whoopin the heck out of my 180g, had to pull him out. I've had them divided for maybe a month then tried to take divider down. Thing were looking good for the first 5 min... Not sure why the male tried to go gangsta on her...

5Spot Junkie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2010
Washington
www.facebook.com
Wow! They look great Will! Hopefully you can get a batch out of them.
I'm curious how they catch these guys in the wild. I'm thinking they net them. If this is the case, the original male and Widow would be inbreeding. Since this male is from a different batch, do you think the off spring will be better?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store