40 breeder tank stocking suggestions?

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Looking to stock my 40 breeder with an active entertaining loach. It currently has 4 large mascara barbs that are very active. I would like a lot of action and clicking and this will be permanent tank!

Suggestions please?

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
How large are the Mascara barbs? Mine are around four inches and I have some Sumo loaches (2.5") with them and the loaches are fine. The sumo are very active and dark in and out of the rocks piles I have set up for them. They chase each other at times and at other times them sit together, depending on their mood. Another fish I just love, though not a loach, is panda garra. I have six and they are a hoot! They act very much like loaches in the way they hang out together. Sometimes all six will lay in a pile or work their way over the rocks grazing as they go. Sometimes they squabble (I saw two fighting for half an hour once), bashing their heads into each other, yet they never damage each other. They just don`t have a mouth that would allow it if they wanted too.

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
How large are the Mascara barbs? Mine are around four inches and I have some Sumo loaches (2.5") with them and the loaches are fine. The sumo are very active and dark in and out of the rocks piles I have set up for them. They chase each other at times and at other times them sit together, depending on their mood. Another fish I just love, though not a loach, is panda garra. I have six and they are a hoot! They act very much like loaches in the way they hang out together. Sometimes all six will lay in a pile or work their way over the rocks grazing as they go. Sometimes they squabble (I saw two fighting for half an hour once), bashing their heads into each other, yet they never damage each other. They just don`t have a mouth that would allow it if they wanted too.
My mascara barbs are 3" at the moment really active! I am going to look into those sumo loaches and panda garras. I'm really wanting an interesting group that can live out their lives in my 40 breeder. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store