My new favorite tank. Courtesy of Rare Fish

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Amazing stock as always DB! Thanks for keeping up with the updating! Your pics make me want to try a group of odoes.
Thanks for the kind words Lou, good to hear from you!

I'd highly recommend the Odoe - very underated fish! I've had very good luck keeping groups of them on several occasions.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
hahaha It's my luck that I'm always getting meaniest monster everytime, I got a blind pictus catfish not long ago with a pack of my juv. wolf, the cat enter the wolf cave and get out with missing eyes, that's why I'm predict something similar gonna happen to your cats...No, offense but it's more like a joke, I'll take it back if you don't like that sound /sorry.
Your pictus cat lost the eyes from other elements like decoration, water quality, but not from the wolf. Wolffish eats fish, but not just the eye. You tend to make assumption, instead of getting to know the fish

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Your pictus cat lost the eyes from other elements like decoration, water quality, but not from the wolf. Wolffish eats fish, but not just the eye. You tend to make assumption, instead of getting to know the fish
Dude, I didn't say the wolf ate the cat eyes. I meant the cat enter the cave and got a bite from territorial depend and lost the eyes. Yes, it's true that Aimara is my first wolf in this species line but I owned many wolf before and what's happen to me while keeping them it's my experiences.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Here's a little update -

All remaining Cuda are feeding primarily on floating pellets. Had to remove all the Wolves, the CF Panara Lacs gave warning bites, the Green eyed guys got one. The last 6 Cuda reside in a 125 with 5 eels and 5 Ornate Pims. Only plans of additional tankmates are a trio of Pink Tailed Chelceus.

The CF Panara Lacs are all in a 300 now with Odoe, a few Aros, couple ATF, and some flat fish.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Interesting feeding time and how funny the wolf grabbed the piece of food from the eel.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Was that a gold wolf on the 300? If so how does he interact with the rest? I like the 300 stock, looks cool, everyone's active, great as always.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
No Gold Wolf in the 300. Had them together in a 150 and the damage on the Jar's tail happened within the first minute I introduced the Wolf. My Gold is a friggin terror - resides alone with a Pearl ray in a 180. Not a fan of them at all.

The Tatf in the 300 will likely need to be removed. He's been going after the Wolves. Have 2 Vs here and 3 Ts and the Ts seem to be much more problematic then the Vs. Other Ts are shredding the Blue Tor so they'll likely be moving into the 300 where they can hopefully heal up after the Tatf leaves. :(

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
What fish is that at 0:32 at the bottom in the back? My eyes must be decieving me lol. And sucks. You have to move fish a lot lol, must be so interesting for you, but I'd assume stressful at times. Good luck as always

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm thinking you saw a wolf with a stripe? IF so that's the "Green Lacerdae" from Ken.

I think I have a few pics of that wolf compared to one of the CF Panara Lacs - That black stripe is usually there, isn't slight like the others, flat back - no hump, short head/snout. Biggest thing is it's a hider. Never see it and I've even caught the thing burying itself in the sand. Just acts completely different then all my other wolves. Reclusive like the wolf I assume to be Australis.

I'd be very Interested to know what you guys think.

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
And as far as the moving fish part - I feel like I run a day care of dysfunctional toothy fish. I'm adding, moving , changing up décor adding dithers, adding peacekeepers and constantly shuffling all the time. It's not usually that bad but sometimes it sucks. Had to rip all the driftwood out of that 300 to remove the catfish. Catching anything in the 750 is a nightmare and usually a 2 man job.

I bet fishing those Tor out of a 8x3 to add to the 300 will be a nightmare, the worst part is usually what the fish you're not trying to catch end up doing to themselves. I'll go to catch those Tor and will have 3 big ATF smashing into everything. The worst will be if I end up moving the Armatus out of the big tank and turning the ATF loose in there. Stupid Armatus are shanking fish I can't afford to replace.

But yes, definitely always interesting. Many times the stereotype doesn't match the fish - Gold Wolves and Aimara are perfect examples. 2 Aimara here doing fine in community settings and a Gold Wolf I can't house with anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store