What type of flowerhorn

maybachmusic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
WI
looks to me like a fader kamfa female that is super red. WOW. was she/it more black and has the black been disappearing? looks like the flower line is going away as well. very nice.

Reactions: Steven Williams

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
looks to me like a fader kamfa female that is super red. WOW. was she/it more black and has the black been disappearing? looks like the flower line is going away as well. very nice.
Ya she/it used to be all black and has been slowly losing the black color and gaining more red. I bought her from a local petstore and she was super small and all black with a destroyed tail because it was nipped by some Jack Demseys. And was only 8 dollars! Turned out very nice and thanks.

maybachmusic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
WI
Ya she/it used to be all black and has been slowly losing the black color and gaining more red. I bought her from a local petstore and she was super small and all black with a destroyed tail because it was nipped by some Jack Demseys. And was only 8 dollars! Turned out very nice and thanks.
Wow you have a beautiful female (I think) fader then. Great ! I'm jealous lol. Enjoy and hold onto her/it

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
No, it displays all the traits of a zz fader. Not a kamfa and I don't think it's a female.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
My guess towards the sex of this fish is based on the face and head, fins, and that tiny thing sticking out at the vent area, plus you know the actual personal experience of owning similar fish. Usually females aren't cruising around with anything sticking out until ready to lay and we all know that is much larger...
Welcome to mfk hybrid section where everyone is an expert (yea right).

Vent the fish and answer the question. There are many explanations on venting cichlids here and all over the net.

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
My guess towards the sex of this fish is based on the face and head, fins, and that tiny thing sticking out at the vent area, plus you know the actual personal experience of owning similar fish. Usually females aren't cruising around with anything sticking out until ready to lay and we all know that is much larger...
Welcome to mfk hybrid section where everyone is an expert (yea right).

Vent the fish and answer the question. There are many explanations on venting cichlids here and all over the net.
Yeah u guys are experts

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store