severum hole in head..? please help pics included...

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
There are no guarantees when it comes to curing HITH, every case can be different so keep that in mind when considering a return.

triggered

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
australia
Thanks for all the advice guys I do appreciate it. . I ended up taking him back and getting a healthier lookin specimen.. I would have normally taken in the challenge of nursing him back to health but due to just recently settling overseas got a fair bit else to deal with at moment too. Thanks

metsfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Stony Point,NY
Hi guys just got home with this small severum still floating in the bag and just noticed this marking behind the eyes.. can someone tell me if its an infection or disease.. can it be treated.. is it safe to add to tank... thanks for any input..

View attachment 1133412
Metro seems to work best but it's extremely difficult to treat. It's always good to Quarantine new fish but unfortunately many of us don't do it.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
What pH and hardness do you keep your fish. Severum came from soft and acidic water. If the environmental condition is not right, HITH will return.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The OP never kept this fish ......

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks for all the advice guys I do appreciate it. . I ended up taking him back and getting a healthier lookin specimen.. I would have normally taken in the challenge of nursing him back to health but due to just recently settling overseas got a fair bit else to deal with at moment too. Thanks
Did you move to or from Australia? I live just west of Brisbane

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store