Want to Buy Who builds monster tanks in SW Ontario?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm getting quotes from them. Know anything else about them?
send an email to the acrylic contact I sent for you. you can get 3 full sized sheets of 3/4" acrylic cut to the size you want for $1700. buy the weld on 40 then ask someone in acrylic work to glue it together for you. you can end up with a 500 gallon 8'x4'x2' tall for around $2000.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
just the regular score glass cutter will not work for this size glass
You shouldn't post stuff that you don't know because that is how people get mislead!
By saying you CANT use a regular cutter is just nonsense as I have done it about half a dozen times.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
You shouldn't post stuff that you don't know because that is how people get mislead!
By saying you CANT use a regular cutter is just nonsense as I have done it about half a dozen times.
ironically your posting something you don't know as I've also attempted it many times. actually called a glass and mirror shop that's been in business for around 50 years and I quote " a regular glass cutter will not cut thickness greater then 3/8" without the risk of a side fracture. for that size glass a completely different machine is used". It's amazing how one person can criticize others on their knowledge while theirs is flawed. don't listen to this guy, it's not worth the risk. just ask a glass shop to cut it for you and then note how they cut it. you will see that they do not use a scoring knife, the ones that do often damage your piece with a very jagged cut or even a crack in the glass

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
half a dozen!!! I'm sorry i didn't know I was talking to a professional in the business. continue cutting your full sized sheets I must be wrong

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store