Snow White Datniods

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Sorry, I feel that I am guilty of driving the previous conversation, and I do not mean to be negative or discourage you from your hobby. To each his own, I think it is interesting to see the point of view of other people. Have a good day, and do enjoy your new fish!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I think we should all take a moment to appreciate how serious he is about collecting platinum species. I think it's quite impressive to be able to justify searching out and shelling out for these fish. I'm just glad he took the time to share, or I might have missed a rare sight. I'm over here thinking a plat aro is well outside my comfort price range, and then I see this beast.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
This is the "Datnoid" sub-forum, so lets get back to the OP just wanting to share a rare fish. The non-fish related stuff should go to the MFK "Lounge"

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I like the fish. I wish I were in a position to afford it. Truth be told I don't think I would anyway because I'd keep worrying about killing it lol. But at that point maybe my perception would change if i could just by another one. I for one can appreciate hunting and hunting and collecting for the rarity of it. It's like the best part of any video game. Fact: China has a lot of people, proportionately there will be a lot that are rich. Big business over there too. And they are a smart and hard working nation. Also fish have a very heavy cultural significance in Asia, and asia has quite a deep culture rooted in tradition. I don't think we should get jealous, i am happy for people's good fortune, maybe one day I will be close to as fortunate, probably not though. I'm happy with what I have, no skin off my back. For the record I hated the platinum Cichla, really wasn't my thing. This one in particular I do feel the platinum suits it. I see no point in platinum arowana, they are close enough anyway. I am on the fence about some of the stuff that is being produced by the fish industry, largely in China, in terms of the line breeding and the light exposure and all th other modifications that end up being produced. I like the looks of some of the stuff, still sorta feel it's unnatural, maybe should be regulated, and also wish they didn't have as much of a monopoly. Maybe it's cultural and not a monopoly, in which case great, happens to align with my personal interest so it would be cool to see Canada throw a hat in (Ya right). Anyway live and let live guys, not everyone has to save the world, let some do that and some purchase excessively, makes the world nice and interesting.

Peace.

Last edited:

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm agreed with others that Magic77 is a albino/platinum species hunter and his passion for those species, I'm not fan of platinum species but I still thanks Magic sharing his rare collection with us.

Reactions: Magic 77

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
I understand the rarity... I guess I don't understand having that much money, as I make monthly payments on my house and hope to own it after 30 years... It is really too bad that so many people will die of hunger this year, when someone can pay $200,000 for a fish. Don't get me wrong, I really do care about fish... just seems like you could fund the recovery of an endangered species before being the ONLY PERSON with a white f***ing datnoid. Hope you have loads of friends to share it with.
So much hate here cause of the cost of a fish and the people who can afford them lmao! Everyday people buy or do something that is killing something off lol... It's the way of the human race and the way of life. You also make it sound like buyers of this fish are only trying to impress other people? Plenty of people out there buy rare or common stuff and never share with anyone cause they don't care what others think and just like having them. Not everyone is in this hobby to impress other fish keepers but instead do like sharing different experiences with different fish. What a way to stop people from wanting to shares stuff only to have to worry about being judged.....

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Race got nothing to do with this so Don't throw race in the picture & single out a particular race as stupid rich . If people got $, they can use it to buy whatever they want. There's countries that eat all type of animals, including our very own who eat humans. If he is happy with the rare fish he got, Let him be. Be glad he is sharing it with us
Your absolutely right "race" has nothing to do with it and all I was implying is that there are many "Wealthy" people in China or Asia that don't think twice about what they pay for rarity... And stupid rich was just another way of saying SUPER WEALTHY! I am Chinese and i wasn't knocking any one but admiring the passion for the collection!
NOW BACK TO THE AMAZING COLLECTION :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store