Creepers?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Sorry if I'm getting annoying, I have a lot of questions.

I like creeping plants (jasmine, passion fruit vines etc) and was wondering if there's any aquatic plants that do the same thing? I've raided google and found nothing, so I'm not liking my chances right now.. But I figured it can't hurt to ask anyway.

I don't want a moss for anyone thinking of mosses. I want something that will "wrap" around my driftwood, not completely cover it - IF anything like that even exists in the aquatic world, if there's not can someone please let me know so I'm not chasing pixies?

Thank you. :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I was more looking for something that will grow completely submerged. I have a cat who tries to eat everything, plants that grow above the surface aren't really an option.. Beautiful plant though. :)

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Java fern or anubias would work but the vine part is the roots and the plants have leaves. You can get different types of java fern. In java fern the roots are brown but the anubis have green roots.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Java fern or anubias would work but the vine part is the roots and the plants have leaves. You can get different types of java fern. In java fern the roots are brown but the anubis have green roots.
I love anubius, I have a few of them and they look great. Also, I have a few ambluia stems that are tangled around one of my fake plants, and they kind of look like they're "creeping" around the fake plant, with gentle hands and a bit of hard work, what would be my chances of growing that to look like its creeping? Manually wrapping it around and fixing it in place?

The title of this thread had me worried I'd been found out
LMAO

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
If you are wanting it on drift wood aubias is your best bet, and if you get multiple different types they can look really cool.
Java fern is also cool, but tend to be less like a vine.

If you want it to be floating at the surface try pothos, they are great plants, but tend to not do so well fully submerged.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I want to re-create my childhood garden in one of my tanks, but I can't do this without somehow replicating the thousands of creeping plants that had over run everything. I'm guna do a test run tomorrow and see if I can manually replicate the look with a few different stem plants around an old aquarium heater (it won't be turned on, it will just be the skeleton frame for my test), I'm guna fix them in place with fishing line. I'll post a pic when I'm done to show how it goes. Wish me luck. :D

Reactions: convict360

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If you have access to anubias plants supply or can buy them cheap then you can create entire your tank wall with anubias, you just overlay stacking them on a piece of plastic divider and you would have a wall looking of vine plants, if you tank big enough you can create pillars (using PVC tubes, if you into DIY stuff) with anubias wrap around it for a garden look!...This project VERY expensive if you have to buy every single anubias, good luck!

Reactions: Oxymus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store