Mixed tigerfish tank

i said no

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
UK
I'd keep the goliaths to a minimum. They're not schooling fish when they get older.
Hey fella just seen your tank build and fish, stunning fish look perfect how big are the tigers now and how long have you had them, also what are the dimensions of the tank ? Thanks in advance ...put another 7000lph powerhead in today making 3 x 7000 plus a six k return split through two eyeball injectors all aiming down the length of the tank within the top 10", with 4 x 1" overflows above the injectors/powerheads so creating a heavy top flow down the top of the water column hitting the back of the tank returning a good undertow back to the overflows. Good enough ? And do you think I should ditch one goliath and keep a single? Gonna add two more vitts next week then that will be it for the tigers.

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
I don't have them anymore. I sold them a few months ago because I'm getting ready to move. Anyone want to buy some Saphire glass? lol

My tigers would fight and the smallest one would get battered on a regular basis because I don't think my tank was big enough and I didn't have enough dithers. They were shredded up one by one over time. I've never had more than one GATF at a time so I can't say from experience how they get along in a group but from what I've read they don't do well with each other.

As for flow I would think that pushing through the middle of the tank would be best since they don't hang out at the top. Mine spent most of their time mid tank and towards the lower part. My flow was also mid to lower level too.

i said no

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
UK
I don't have them anymore. I sold them a few months ago because I'm getting ready to move. Anyone want to buy some Saphire glass? lol

My tigers would fight and the smallest one would get battered on a regular basis because I don't think my tank was big enough and I didn't have enough dithers. They were shredded up one by one over time. I've never had more than one GATF at a time so I can't say from experience how they get along in a group but from what I've read they don't do well with each other.

As for flow I would think that pushing through the middle of the tank would be best since they don't hang out at the top. Mine spent most of their time mid tank and towards the lower part. My flow was also mid to lower level too.
Thanx for the reply fella looks like I'm just gonna hav to get on with it and see how it goes ;), gonna keep it busy. How big were the tigers when you sold ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store