How big will he grow by December

Americancichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
Approximately how much do you think my Male FH could get by the time December rolls around? Here is my hand for a size reference! And he gets dark when he checks out my hand lol

20150826_203448.jpg

20150826_203445.jpg

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
If I had to bet on it, I'd say a further 1.5 - 2 inches length; with noticeable increase in girth. 3 months is plenty of growing time
There is a lot of factors that come into play if he grows only that much there is something wrong! In my 200 gallon my red devil and Midas it's been 4 months and they're about 4 inches maybe 5. They grow like crazy especially flowerhorn. I had a flowerhorn at 12 inches and grew to about 16 inches in three years. Once they get bigger than 8-9 inches takes a while to grow large.

Water quality and the amount of food will be a huge factor. If he's sized in a small tank he won't outgrow the tank he just won't grow.

When I was a child I had a pacu in a 10 gallon tank wonder why he didn't grow big. My father got me a 55 gallon and he literally grew in a year 5 times from what he was. Housed in a 200 gallon before I sold him he just got too big and they're known for being tank breakers so didn't want to come home to a flooded house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store