Lump on temensis pbass dorsal fin..

Cedric.Davinci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Hello,

I got a small temensis pbass three days ago.. noticed just a little while ago he developed a small nodule at the base of his dorsal fin. I can't figure out what it is for the life of me. Pic attached. Can anyone help me please? I want to get this figured out as soon as I can. Thank you anyone who can help. 20150823_203955.jpg

Cedric.Davinci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I forgot to add in water conditions, apologies..

Sera test kit -

Nitrite - 0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 25
Ph - 6.5

Fluval aquaclear 20 filter in a ten gallon tank.
Water temp is 82.

Just a comment on the nitrate and tank size. He was fed live food exclusively so im doing more water changes, and he's only in this tank until he is large enough to go in my 225 which was way better filtration.

Anyone wanna take a jab at this?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Hard to tell without a closer pic. Could be from a injury netting/transport, that has gotten slightly infected. Keep your nitrates as low as possible and monitor.....

Reactions: Cedric.Davinci

Cedric.Davinci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I've dosed a little salt. Dosing melafix, pimafix, and stability. No carbon running and doing small daily water changes. Seems to be slowly going down. He's quite active, responsive, eating well (like a monster actually). So all good signs for me. I hope it's nothing more than what you suggested it may be. Thank you

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Don't mess with melafix or pimaflex, asking for trouble.....

I've dosed a little salt. Dosing melafix, pimafix, and stability. No carbon running and doing small daily water changes. Seems to be slowly going down. He's quite active, responsive, eating well (like a monster actually). So all good signs for me. I hope it's nothing more than what you suggested it may be. Thank you

Cedric.Davinci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
You know I keep hearing just as many people saying how great it is, saying its bad. What's your take on it specifically by what you replied, I'm curious

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
You know I keep hearing just as many people saying how great it is, saying its bad. What's your take on it specifically by what you replied, I'm curious
The reason I'm skeptical about these products, is they haven't established any studies to collaborate their statements. Being a huge corporation, you would expect some scientific backing. The few studies I've heard of, have determined them to antiseptics, to a point but definitely not anti bacterial/fungal. If you follow their instructions, you end up increasing water changes and that probably is the reason people report improvement.

Cedric.Davinci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I definitely agree with you on that. You would think they would have some data to provide. The antiseptic thing is true, we use them to clear infections inside the ears of dogs when they get yeast infections. Unfortunately though my bass died this afternoon. I found an abscess, and roughly a three inch roundworm riddled through the front of his head all the way to the mid part of his side. All of this happened in roughly 12 hours. Infection set, it got very inflamed, and i couldnt save him in time
Im upset i lost him. Would like to find another one..thank you all for the help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store