POS step father drowns toddler

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Hey you were into BMX 30 years ago. I raced BMX like 38 years ago in the Norcal area. I still have my BMX bike!
What bike is that?

I never did organized racing, I was into freestyling. My main ride was a GT Pro Performer. SoCal was the mecca for bmx freestyling, but buddies and I had a small niche in our little corner of western Connecticut. The stuff they do on Xgames nowadays just blows my mind on how far these riders have pushed the envelope of the sport.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
What bike is that?

I never did organized racing, I was into freestyling. My main ride was a GT Pro Performer. SoCal was the mecca for bmx freestyling, but buddies and I had a small niche in our little corner of western Connecticut. The stuff they do on Xgames nowadays just blows my mind on how far these riders have pushed the envelope of the sport.
I had a Pro Performer, until it was stolen at the mall. Then had a Dyno Vfr.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
What bike is that?

Racing I had Redline the early squareback then I switched to Mongoose later towards the end. I did freestyle back in 78-79 at that time wasn't doing much racing anymore. My racing team we did freestyle exhibition in shopping malls and events. We probably had one of the first big ramps made just for BMX. I invented the 360 rollout trick that appeared in Bicycle Motorcross Action Magazine.

http://www.23mag.com/tricks/flat.htm

Last edited:

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
chuckling, Enof about the dead girl, lets talk BMX!!

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
she was a racer!
That's what her stepdad told the policia! He was training her. I thought he was joking, but it all makes sense now!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Racing I had Redline the early squareback then I switched to Mongoose later towards the end. I did freestyle back in 78-79 at that time wasn't doing much racing anymore. My racing team we did freestyle exhibition in shopping malls and events. We probably had one of the first big ramps made just for BMX. I invented the 360 rollout trick that appeared in Bicycle Motorcross Action Magazine.

http://www.23mag.com/tricks/flat.htm
That's so cool, OG!
Were you or any of your guys sponsored?

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Just a local Bicycle shop started a racing team. There were a bunch of us guys that road BMX bikes. We were a tight group that road and hung out together. BMX was just getting popular in norcal in 76-77 and this bike shop wanted to start a racing team. All us guys got on the team. You know who Bob Haro is right he was part of our group that got picked to be on the race team. Bob later got hired with BMXA as cartoon artist. He eventually moved down south to be closer the magazine you know his history...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store