House is being tented. Need opinions on fish solutions.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Well as of now I plan on moving all fish to my friends garage. All the wolves will have there own bucket with a heater and all the polys will share a large tub with a heater. All will have a bubbler, a top, and some fake plants to feel more secure. As for the tank I plan on taking it outside and storing it in my trailer. Anyone see any holes in my plan?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Well as of now I plan on moving all fish to my friends garage. All the wolves will have there own bucket with a heater and all the polys will share a large tub with a heater. All will have a bubbler, a top, and some fake plants to feel more secure. As for the tank I plan on taking it outside and storing it in my trailer. Anyone see any holes in my plan?
A lot of work, but sounds good. GL

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
you have a trusrtworthy LFS that you could keep them at?
This is probably your safest option. You could easily bribe the lfs and say something like 10 bucks a day. Lfs around me dont have much business and would gladly take your little bribe and hold your fish.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I would asked the people doing the spray. I'm sure they have delt with customer who had tanks. Maybe it might not have any effect on the fish. But it would seem you could seal off tent the tank with plastic and tape. If you need air run a long air hose to get outside air. But I think you could seal off a pump inside the plastic and let that air recirculate within the sealed up tank. I like the idea of adding extra carbon to the filters so pull out any contaminants that might seep in.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
In the end I was told by the company that I had to remove my fish as they did not want to be liable for them. I had to go ahead with my bucket plan as I also have no reliable lfs around me with the capability to house my fish. The tenting took 3 days and all but one fish made it back to the tank yesterday. The only fish that didn't make it was my palmas buettikoferi who decided that he was going to get out and pushed through the 5 lb weight I had securing the lid to the bucket. All in all it was a lot of work and I hope I never have to do this again.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Sounds like a total PITA. Hopefully I won't ever have to do this. Sucks about your butti, at least everybody else is ok

Reactions: QuDodger

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry about the gold dust but atleast the other made it.

Reactions: QuDodger
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store