Cycle Frozen!!!

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Katt, IMO, I'd leave it alone and not start over. Perhaps verify the AM with another kit and continue with the PWC. In terms of pH, I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. I'm no chemist, but there may be other variables as to why pH does or does not change. Depends on perhaps how much water, any plants/wood, tank is still fluctuating in cycle?

hang in there...

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
have you tested the pH of your tap water after letting it sit for a couple of hours?
No I haven't.. I'll do that today and report back, thanks for the suggestion. :)

I get paid tomorrow so I'll grab another ammonia kit then. I think I messed up a few weeks ago and put bottle 2's lid on bottle 1. Could that have been causing inaccurate readings?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
No I haven't.. I'll do that today and report back, thanks for the suggestion. :)

I get paid tomorrow so I'll grab another ammonia kit then. I think I messed up a few weeks ago and put bottle 2's lid on bottle 1. Could that have been causing inaccurate readings?
Yes, the tests are very sensitive

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Oki doki, making note to self..

I wasn't sure if I had gotten them mixed up at the time, but now I'm thinking I most likely did..

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
After sitting in a cup for 2½ hours the tap waters pH still reads 7.0-7.2.

I'm guna assume that I've contaminated my kit and my tanks already cycled. But I'll wait until tomorrow when I know for sure before putting my fish in it.

Still not sure what's happening with the pH though...

Thanks heaps to everyone who's responded. :)

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
If you still have any doubts or concerns, you could use seachem prime or equivalent to be safer.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
if it is a fishless cycle(seems so ), don't worry it will correct itself , don't get too impatient..

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
if it is a fishless cycle(seems so ), don't worry it will correct itself , don't get too impatient..
Its half fishless. After feeding my goldfish I move them to the cycling tank with a squirt of prime for half hour or until they poop, then move them back to their tank. I do this 3-4 times a day, its how I've cycled most of my tanks as I can't obtain clear ammonia where I live.

Is this really that strange? This sounds like a cycled tank.
I'm guna assume it has cycled and that my kit is bodgy. What is confusing me is why the pH hasn't risen with my water changes. The tank is 100% empty (except for water, a handful of gravel and the filter of course), so décor can't possibly be affecting it. I'll find out this afternoon after I get a new ammonia kit. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store