Rare brackish/freshwater fish! Unique stuff! 90815 Long Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revanite07

Feeder Fish
Nov 10, 2014
Long Beach, Cali
Up for sale are some rare brackish/freshwater fish from my private collection that need to go, moving a different direction with the hobby and hate to let these go but need the space! These fish are at 1.003 salinity only 1tsp per gallon (ich treatment salinity)

Stars and Stripes puffer fish at 3-4" have 3 pieces. Selling them for 130$

Lined puffer fish at 3" 80$

Panther grouper at 4" 100$

Yellow pilot jack 3" have 2 pieces for 80$

If interested call/to me at 562 280 5154image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
Ive seen these in person, great lookin fish! Have an SS puffer myself in the collection ;)

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
im pretty sure those fish need full salt
On what grounds sir? Do you have personal experience with these animals in low salinity conditions?

I have kept/do keep specimens of the golden pilotfish in "freshwater" (high ph aquaculture senarios) in a commercial system and in my private collection. This is supported by scientific literature on growth rates and salinity in this very species overseas. I know of at least one other commercial aquaculture endevor using far less than "full salt" to maintain these animals.

It is also extremely well documented that the "Humpback Grouper" is a prime canditate for low salinity aquaculture alongside E. coioides and E. lancelotus.

As for the puffers, the dogface family is pretty frequently encountered in brackish senarios and I personaly maintain a couple peices myself in 1.001SG.

Sorry to get technical, but thought it was warranted here...

Reactions: N9t6

Revanite07

Feeder Fish
Nov 10, 2014
Long Beach, Cali
Bump. All fish need to be gone this week plans have changed and I need the tank empty to make room for my bass.

All PUFFERS price drop to 60$ grouper 40$ and I have an extra jack but this one is a solid 4-5" asking 60 for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store