Best titanium heater for money?

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm looking at getting a titanium heater to use with my Finnex heater controller. I was curious which ones were the best for the money? I've heard tons of stories of the Finnex titanium heaters failing.

Are titanium heaters generally shorter than glass heaters? I'd like to be able to fit it in the bottom of my sump when I get it setup.

Thanks!

Reactions: tbrown7552

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I'm looking at getting a titanium heater to use with my Finnex heater controller. I was curious which ones were the best for the money? I've heard tons of stories of the Finnex titanium heaters failing.

Are titanium heaters generally shorter than glass heaters? I'd like to be able to fit it in the bottom of my sump when I get it setup.

Thanks!
I run sbout ten Finnex. I have had one fail in 4 years and it was a thermostat failure.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Finnex are good. I've also had good luck with BlueLine titanium heaters.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I use whatever Jehmco sells. I've only had them less than a year but no complaints yet. And yes they are only about 12" long 400 watt

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
schego titanium. + schego 1000w termostate combo. Quality masters from germany :D :D :D
You can't go wrong. Google about those. No any refund yet.....

awdawg

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just seen this again, been a bit since I logged in, thanks for all the replies! Looks like a couple of good options.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store