Arowana jumped out

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
what's the diagnosis this morning...signs of improvements?
Alright, so have some bad news and some good news.
GOOD NEWS!
The arowana is showing a large signs of improvement, even seeing some growth on the fin and healing on the injuries. He is also eating like a pig. I went to feed my flowerhorn (In the same tank but divided off) and my aro saw the blood worms and tried to eat some through the divider (lol!). So I put some bloodworms in with him and he gobbled them up fast!.
BAD NEWS
The arowana has developed a mild case of cotton fungus, but it is shrinking every day so I have bought some pima-fix just in-case is get worse, but it shoudn't hopefully be necessary.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Nice man - good to hear successes! If he's healing overall, fins and fungus, I'd say let it happen without medication like you said.

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Nice man - good to hear successes! If he's healing overall, fins and fungus, I'd say let it happen without medication like you said.
I'm still debating whether or not to use pimafix or something, I can't remember it's name but it is made by API. The reason is the fact that one side is normal coloration and the other side is light and have the small patches of fungus. I am going to wait for time to tell as so far it looks okay, around 2 patches of brownish white fungus which i had to siphon out as somehow there were peice of it on the floor the night after he jumped out

Fishpony

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goodyear, Arizona
Alright so I will not do any meds, I see that one of the patches on the arowana is in-fact shrinking. The fins are growing back but I can only tell on the anal fin, as the tail and dorsal are ragged and may also be regrowing. Hopefully all goes well!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good to see that the aro has pretty much pulled through.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store