Chinese Perch Tug of War!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
That sounds like a decent reason for the photos to be of questionable quality. Hopefully they will get big enough for some FTS.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I think they could actually eat until they explode.These were too small to even eat guppies when I first got them,I had to feed them mosquito larvae and now they are eating two or three guppies each.
That's is so true. Back in 08-09, some LFS here carried them for $10-$15 each. I grabbed 5. Those boys wiped out $5 feeders every other day. They ate until the belly was huge like a balloon about to exploded! Those are cool fish. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't make pass a heat wave here

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That sounds like a decent reason for the photos to be of questionable quality. Hopefully they will get big enough for some FTS.
Well,the barramundi is growing very fast now and I'll moving it to another tank pretty soon.Then I can release the Perches and let them roam around the tank.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's is so true. Back in 08-09, some LFS here carried them for $10-$15 each. I grabbed 5. Those boys wiped out $5 feeders every other day. They ate until the belly was huge like a balloon about to exploded! Those are cool fish. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't make pass a heat wave here
Yeah,I have had them in an unheated tank since I got them.I bought my first batch from R1 Ridah a few years ago.Do you have any left?....feel free to post photos if so

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Yeah,I have had them in an unheated tank since I got them.I bought my first batch from R1 Ridah a few years ago.Do you have any left?....feel free to post photos if so
Unfortunately, I haven't kept them for the past couple years. Even without heater, my tank temp could get as high as 90+ at 2am during summer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store