Blackworm vs Earthworm

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I got a New male marbled motoro FINALLY. but he's really skinny but his patterns are on point. he's extremely skinny but doesnt accept any frozen foods (the seller fed him blackworms and goldfish). he does accept earthworms though.

I was wondering the nutrition of the Earthworm vs Blackworm... i can only feed earthworms right now cause its readily available. blackworms are hard to find (the lfs are always out) and my filtration is too strong so it just blows the worms into the water column and gets sucked into my filter (but i am willing to deal with it).

Is there a fattier worm i can feed so my male gains more weight? my male is 8-9 inches.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Earthworms all the way mate just don't allow them to become the only source of food. Use them to fatten up the ray then work hard to transfer it into other foods

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I agree, earthworms will be better in the longrun. They are more nutritious and much easier to feed

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
And feed worms 5 times a day or more :) that's always worked for me when trying to fatten up a super skinny ray

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store