datnoid id

minimonsterkeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2015
Thanks FunWow! FunWow! , was starting to wonder if you datnoid guys gave advice lol. I have plenty of aeration, I have a wavemaker keeping plenty of top water movement and an air stone running. I got him sunday morning and so far he's been pretty stable. Hopefully it stays that way.

Reactions: FunWow!

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
LoL... Yes we give advice but there's not as many people on the forums then back in the day. Plus there's probably years and years of all the info you can read in old threads here and that's a great way to learn about everyone's past experiences keeping them. But asking don't hurt... Just might take alittle longer lol. Be glad he still has that nice color... If you see them really dark or black they may stay that color.

Reactions: minimonsterkeeper

minimonsterkeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2015
Yeah I've been looking through old threads trying to learn all i can on these guys but I kept seeing lower temps so i figured I'd ask to be sure. I haven't seen this guy unstable and dark yet. The one bad thing is, i don't think he is actually eating market prawn or tilapia like i was told. I have yet to see him eat, i think i'm gonna get some feeders today to make sure he has something in his gut and start really working on training him to eat fresh fish tomorrow.

Last edited:

minimonsterkeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2015
Thanks milkman407 milkman407 . I'm pretty proud of him. This is my favorite fish in my tank now. What would you guys pay for an indo tiger this size with asymmetrical bars?

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I like all species of Datnoids besides silvers, If the price was right and I had space i'd buy him. As far as price for a 8", I honestly wouldn't know, prices very depending on where you live and i've been off the grid for a long time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Fifty bucks and I think the temp is too high.

minimonsterkeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2015
They wanted $75 for them. I paid $50 and used the last $25 store credit i had from a crenicichla lucius. This is the first time I've ever seen a datnoid bigger than 1.5" for sale around here. I have already decided to drop my temp a little. Im going to shoot for 82 degrees. I feel that $75 is a good price considering I've never seen them this size for sale and he was very stable when i got him and has been stable since.

minimonsterkeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2015
Well i put some feeders in the tank, but i don't think the datnoid got any. He struck at a couple and missed. The bass, pike and gars hadn't seen feeders in a few weeks so they demolished them. Today i was feeding some tilapia and prawn, i look over to see the datnoid chasing the smallest bass... They were fighting for a chunk of tilapia! The datnoid finally chased the bass off and sucked the piece of fillet up! The guy told me the dat was eating seafood but after a few feedings and the dat showing no interest i didn't believe him. That made my day! I'm glad I don't have to go back to feeders! Now i just need to work on pellet training the bass and the IT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store