Captive bred ornate question

Champagne Papi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2015
All of mine hit the 2ft mark in about 3 years. Give or take. They're fed on earthworms, shiners, crayfish, sinking sticks, spirulina wafers w/beef heart or earthworms, hi-protein culture pellets, squid, clams, etc. I grew them out in 250 to 360 gal tanks. Adults were kept in one of the 450s or the 650gal.
Ahhhh I have a 125 gallon but I want the collection of upper jaws. I might try a captive bred endi. Heard they don't get super big either

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
As far as CB endlis go they don't pass the 2ft marks very often and after many years stay around the 18"-20" mark give or take a few inches. I will do though that the actual length of individual CB endlis IMO is all over the place. You could end up with a 14"-24"+ endli.

Reactions: Champagne Papi

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
That poly belongs to another member who also has an ansorgii roughly the same size. The markings between the 2 differ.
I'm still pretty sure that's an Ansorgii. I can see the horizontal lap type stripes and checkered patterns.

Reactions: Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2015
I'm still pretty sure that's an Ansorgii. I can see the horizontal lap type stripes and checkered patterns.
I agree with the ansorgii, Dr.B you think I could keep a captive bred ornate and endi with my upper jaws or probably wouldn't work well?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store