New Stingray Home (600g)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Looks great. Hope the new space gets those hens in the mood for pups.
Dont think its the tank SIZE thats the problem (-:
Thanks Kevin

Great looking rays all of them. Browns and blacks make such a nice contrast, tank looks pristine.
Thanks Richard

Wow, looks incredible! Great job
Thank you sir
Two thumbs up!
Thanks Jason

Nice setup. Great rays. Sweet wood. Cheers to the result! Looks fantastic!

Same LED floodlights? Very sweet shimmer!
Another nice piece of wood floating above that one. Collected both from a local river after some flooding went down. Lights are the same on all my setups.
Without your tip I wouldnt even have this tank so thank you for the nice words and for letting it come my way (-:

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Are you running 50 watters for the LEDs? I've got a little shimmer but doesn't seem even close to as bright.....

Glad to see such a tank put to good use by an og raykeeper... lol :) Really turned out to be very pleasing to the eye. Now hopefully we can top it off with some yellow in the future! :)

Any chance you could show us the rest of the system? I'm curious how the life support ended up....

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Will take short vid of "life support" tomorrow evening. Its pretty simplistic compared to most of you hard core "OG" raykeepers. Socks and moving bed.

Lights are only 29 watts each 3' strip. 2900 lumens and 10K each.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Now hopefully we can top it off with some yellow in the future! :)

Any chance you could show us the rest of the system? I'm curious how the life support ended up....
Here you go Al, my simple life support. 3 cu ft of MB3 and socks.

And yes I wouldnt mind some yellow in here as long as its Pure and female.;)

IMAG3891.jpg IMAG3895.jpg IMAG3893.jpg

Reactions: Toohard

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Simple and effective! I still think it's leaps and bounds over scrubbies.... ;)

I see submersibles.... Mag, Quiet ones, or Lagunas?

Does it restart ok after a power cut? Looks like there's only a few inches for the water to drain. Guessing a bit goes down the drain but the drip catches it back up?

I dig the hooks, looks much better then just plummer strap.

What kind of diffusers are you using? do they have a hole in the center or the solid sintered glass ones?

Thanks for sharing Don! :)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Laguna 4280s
Simple and effective! I still think it's leaps and bounds over scrubbies.... ;)

I see submersibles.... Mag, Quiet ones, or Lagunas?

Does it restart ok after a power cut? Looks like there's only a few inches for the water to drain. Guessing a bit goes down the drain but the drip catches it back up?

I dig the hooks, looks much better then just plummer strap.

What kind of diffusers are you using? do they have a hole in the center or the solid sintered glass ones?

Thanks for sharing Don! :)
Laguna 4280s. 9x 4" cheap sintered glass. Looking to upgrade them shortly. Actually have 5" of room in the sump and only lose 1.5" out of tank with check valves on the returns. So water will just fit. Restarts fine and it catches back up once restarted.

Still old schooler here. 50% water changes weekly, no drip. Scrubbies have served me well on the 340 but I do like the self cleaning of the moving bed.

Thanks Al

Reactions: Toohard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store