Your bravest fish

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
My clown knife, when it comes out to hunt everything else scatters. It is probably the most singleminded, focused on a meal, predatory fish I have ever owned. It's favourite food is Hikari carnisticks meant for the aro. Once it's had its fill everything else settles down and leaves it to graze any leftovers from the bottom.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
My school of giant danios they are 5 inches plus and will nip at anyones fingers. Even if you pick one up and out of the water they come right back at your hands. Actually my favorite fish and I have had many in my 45 years plus of fishkeeping.

Reactions: convict360

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
So as I sit here, having thawed and thrown in 2 large prawns for my Oscar and silver dollars; they are at the opposite side of the tank, seemingly petrified of them lol.

The only one nibbling at them is my single tiger barb *facepalm*.

While the tiger barb probably isn't "brave", it just got me wondering which type of fish aren't spooked easily, so share your thoughts.

I'm guessing some sort of catfish will be a top contender, wyckii perhaps?
lol, Tiger Barbs rock!! Mine always bit at arm during water changes and I always had to be careful with the syphon.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My male Betta is the bravest out of all the fish I have never swims away or hides:)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
ive got to say my male jag , hes lived with two different jardini and stood up to both of them , ive seen him get chomped by one at feeding time and not flinch much at all (only interest was getting all the pellets lol)
Hes lived with snakeheads and wolfs in the past too , now hes much happier as hes got a girl to breed with rarely fights with her living a peaceful life making babies :D
He's also lived through a few outbreaks of disease that killed off most of my stock including the big jardini

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Goldfish. Never skittish, never timid, always looking for food.. I've got to admit, it takes a lot of guts to eat until your sides burst - excuse the pun. :D

Browning

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
Delaware
Ive got a tire track eel almost 8 inches that has been with all my peacock bass( when they were around 8-10in) an my jewel cichlid pair an backs down from nothing.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Thread like this, and NOBODY said "my convict"? I have a 3 inch convict living in my 540 with bruisers. He'll fight any of them, anytime I've never seen him turn around and run away. Not one time. He's the only fish I have that I've never seen run.

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Thread like this, and NOBODY said "my convict"? I have a 3 inch convict living in my 540 with bruisers. He'll fight any of them, anytime I've never seen him turn around and run away. Not one time. He's the only fish I have that I've never seen run.
The male convict I had was a bit of a wuss. But my female is pretty fearless. She's the smallest fish in the tank but she had a big attitude.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store