Clear Nodules on Kok?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
If there is still no improvement add kanamycin to the next round with the furan 2.

Filsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Canada
If there is still no improvement add kanamycin to the next round with the furan 2.
Thanks! How long would you wait before starting round 2?

I am able to get KanaPlex.. What would adding this treat that Furan2 does not?

Thanks again!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Kanamycin is very well absorbed where nitrofurazone/bifuran is topical. If this is systemic the kanamycin is an excellent compliment to the furan 2 for a one two punch.

You could start now after a good water change. Keep us updated.

Filsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Canada
Kanamycin is very well absorbed where nitrofurazone/bifuran is topical. If this is systemic the kanamycin is an excellent compliment to the furan 2 for a one two punch.

You could start now after a good water change. Keep us updated.
You have been very helpful, I can't thank you enough :)

Do you think it would be worth it to add metronidazole to the next round as well, just in case?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
You're welcome.

I wouldn't add the metro

Filsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Canada
You're welcome.

I wouldn't add the metro
Update:

Midway through the second round of treatment with KanaPlex and Furan2 - still not eating, but does seem a bit feistier/energetic.

One thing I have noticed is he seems to be shedding his intestinal lining (string poop etc.) - is this an indication that the medication is working?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Kanamycin is is causing the clear bowel movements. Cichlids often refuse food while on antibiotics. Stay the course.

Filsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Canada
Kanamycin is is causing the clear bowel movements. Cichlids often refuse food while on antibiotics. Stay the course.
Thanks. Just administered the last dose yesterday.

He still has the clear blisters/nodules on his kok.. how long will it take these to clear up do you think?

Filsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Canada
So it's been a week since the treatment of Furan-2 and Kanamycin. I have been doing ~25% water change every other day. Flowerhorn is still not eating. His head seems to have cleared up from clear blisters, still a few small ones but no crazy big ones like before. He is still pooping stringy white/clear - shedding his intestinal lining - would this still be from the antibiotics a week ago or is this an indication of something else? What would you recommend - wait another week or so? Or begin treatment with something else?
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store