Strange hole on Flowerhorn

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That's what is great about forums, although I'm biased toward MFK ;) we talk we learn from each other and we progress in this great hobby. Thanks pops you information was on point too.

Reactions: 4D3

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Quick update, all the nasty stuff has fallen on, just a nice clean hole left. I was reading about how MB works, should I continue bashing him or will it hinder new tissue growth

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
You're not using straight MB, you have a combination of MB, MG and acriflavine. Treat today an treat tomorrow at half dosage. Then just keep the tank very clean and it should heal. I can't stress enough the importance of a clean environment, water, substright and filters. This will prevent 99% of future issues.

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
You're not using straight MB, you have a combination of MB, MG and acriflavine. Treat today an treat tomorrow at half dosage. Then just keep the tank very clean and it should heal. I can't stress enough the importance of a clean environment, water, substright and filters. This will prevent 99% of future issues.
ok, so thing took a turn for the worst, the fh had stopped eating and is just sitting on the bottom of the tank....

The wound seems to healing nicely. I'm doing 50% water changes daily

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Not eating is not uncommon. Keep the water clean no more meds.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Sorry to hear about your fish probably got infected somehow. I lost my f1 red devil after 6 years her sister killed her in a quarantine tank. My big make Midas attacking both and a few hours later my red devil was bleeding internally barely moving and decided to put it in a 10 gallon tank all I had setup and it died two days later. Things happen you tried.
I'm not as sad since she gave birth to thousands of fish and still have a lot I sold and some in my tank.

Definitely looked like some sort of fungal or parasite that got in and took over.

I've lost my 17 inch massive flowerhorn from some sort of infection. He slammed into my tank when he got spooked and got hurt bad. He was so meaty with a big kok but was ugly lol

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Sorry to hear about your fish probably got infected somehow. I lost my f1 red devil after 6 years her sister killed her in a quarantine tank. My big make Midas attacking both and a few hours later my red devil was bleeding internally barely moving and decided to put it in a 10 gallon tank all I had setup and it died two days later. Things happen you tried.
I'm not as sad since she gave birth to thousands of fish and still have a lot I sold and some in my tank.

Definitely looked like some sort of fungal or parasite that got in and took over.

I've lost my 17 inch massive flowerhorn from some sort of infection. He slammed into my tank when he got spooked and got hurt bad. He was so meaty with a big kok but was ugly lol
Yeah I got the best advice, followed to the letter, I guess something got in and took over!

I'd rather he be where he is now that with an infection

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I'm sorry you lost him. I feel bad about this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store