Flying high

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
This little guy spends around 80% of the time I watch him doing this, despite being the pickiest eater out of all the pups in the tank. Don't know where he gets his energy from. Need him to bulk up as I am thinking of keeping this one long term, love his pattern.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Not sure what he is trying to do there Jim. Rays often do it but if he continues to do this for long periods it will be a hell of a job getting him to gain weight.
He does have a great pattern, all the others look very nice too.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Not sure what he is trying to do there Jim. Rays often do it but if he continues to do this for long periods it will be a hell of a job getting him to gain weight.
He does have a great pattern, all the others look very nice too.
He just loves surfing the waves Richard! The spray bar on this tank causes an upward circulation against the front glass and he rides the current. Probably doesn't take more energy than it does to actually get up there in the first place then he can just glide . A couple of the others do it from time to time but nothing like this guy. Just wish he would eat as much as he plays lol

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
He may not like being on the bottom with the other rays... Some rays dont like getting pounced on by other rays... Hopefully hes not stressing

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
He may not like being on the bottom with the other rays... Some rays dont like getting pounced on by other rays... Hopefully hes not stressing
I actually not thought of it like that Trev. I have had other pups do the same thing including the very first ray I ever owned. But you could be right regards the not wanting to be on the bottom with the others. I have been thinking about moving him in with the 2 week old BD so he gets a better chance of eating but don't want to stress out the BD as she has only just started eating. 2 pups from this tank go in a couple of weeks so will probably wait and then divide off this guy to getting him eating better.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Haha, very cool!

jordancch

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
( uk )
very nice jim! super rays as always!!!!! I like the one at the back of the tank in this vid..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store