Fish Stock Wont Eat !!!

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
I feed my entire stock 3 x times a week. Mon , Wend , Sat . Leaving Thursday and Friday as off day. Been doing it this way since they were all under 5" , now they're all 20" +. 2 days ago when i attempted to do the common morning feeding, they were ignoring the prawns , which is odd.. usually my arowana , bass , clown knife go nuts for those. They didn't even attempt to go after one. Is there a disease that makes fish stop eating? if there is whats the remedi , medicine i can safely put in the tank to boost their appetite . Thank you

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Although disease or a parasite are possibilities, there are many physical factors that could cause it.
Check your water parameters, have any changed from the norm.
Example if the pH is normally 7, but today its 5.5, acidification?
Has temp jumped or fallen?
Check whether or not there is stray voltage in the tank, a heater could have cracked, or a cord frayed.
There are many variables that could be the cause, you'll need to rule out all obvious and/or not so obvious anomalies by checking everything.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Although disease or a parasite are possibilities, there are many physical factors that could cause it.
Check your water parameters, have any changed from the norm.
Example if the pH is normally 7, but today its 5.5, acidification?
Has temp jumped or fallen?
Check whether or not there is stray voltage in the tank, a heater could have cracked, or a cord frayed.
There are many variables that could be the cause, you'll need to rule out all obvious and/or not so obvious anomalies by checking everything.
+1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store