Anyone have large dead fish for donation to University students?

AcestroGA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
Teaching an ichthyology class and I know many of us keep our large dead impressive fish in freezers and don't know what to do. If you want it to live forever as a university teaching specimen, please contact me! Students need fish heads to make skulls. It's easy to ship these critters packed with salt (done it before, have to admit!).

Thanks in advance!

AcestroGA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
I have a 28" clown knife 16" siamese tiger datnoid and I'm sure something else
Those would be truly remarkable as skulls and even as skeletons. I'm actually not sure if I've seen that before! If you want to pack them gutted with salt I can PayPal you whatever the shipping costs you. Thank you!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Dang. I just cleaned out my freezer. Wish you would have posted before this weekend.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Awesome stuff good to see some generosity already. At least people will know they're cherished pets can live on an continue to to help teach people about them for years to come. Good work all round

Reactions: AcestroGA

AcestroGA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
I was impressed with the generosity about 14 years back when I asked the same question (I think from the same site). Those skulls went to Comparative Anatomy at a different institution.

AcestroGA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
I recently emptied my freezer too.... and that was me knowing I'd eventually teach Ichthyology!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was impressed with the generosity about 14 years back when I asked the same question (I think from the same site). Those skulls went to Comparative Anatomy at a different institution.
This site hasn't been around that long....I could have given you my two foot long armatus if timing were better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store