My dream DIY tank

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA

Here is what my DIY fish tank room would look like it is a ten by ten fish tank that is seven feet deep and is based off of the size of my old bedroom such as it would be like flooding by bedroom with water and then letting my Goldfish room free in it. The idea would have the fish room being built out of cinder blocks paybe eight to ten rows deep and in a square. The fish room would have one seven foot high ten foot wide viewing plannel looking into it which acording to the staff at monster fish keepers should be 3.5 inches thick or 4 inches thick. I've also heard that the fish tank viewing window should be in the nighborhood of $3000 dollars but I have already hunted down a eight by four foot viewing planel that is two inches thick for around $1300 dollars.

As for how I plan to carry this out one day is a I plan to buy a regular existing house or a small old farm house and then build the fish tank room in the side of a hill or looking into a basement. The fish room's vewing planel would look into a living room or a train room for the train set.

Unlike many of the super tanks on this website the fish room would have a cement room over it called a garden room which is a room made out of cement or bricks that has large windows in it on all sides. there I plan to keep all my tropical plants and tropical fruit trees in it in the garden room that would have the top of the fish tank facing it kind of like a indoor swimming pool. the fish room would also be sealed off from the house so that moister and the fish smell that fish give off would not come into the house. Over all I plan to try and build this thing by my self but first I got to fish school and find the house that I'm going to build this in.

Jake_Df

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I wanna do something like 10' deep 15' long and 6' wide. Im looking for what to use for support. I know concrete can crack over time so I thought about wood. I don't know where to start. saving money I guess lol. I also want only like three 8'x4' viewing panels along one side. I want to stock it with native fish I catch from ponds and rivers. looking for detailed plans from other monster builds like cabelas or bass pro but no luck so far. what would you stock in your build?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store