most aggressive catfsish under 2 feet?

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
was wondering if anyone had experience with the claira walking catfish albino? are they aggressive or passive catfish? are they just like channels or more aggressive you would say?\

which ones will defend themselves from cichlids? No giants like wells which would eat a person lol

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've had a clarius cat in with big cichlids and other cats and it was aggressive , they are extremely active so they tend to stur trouble up constantly , I the end I got rid of mine because he was nipping everything's fins including my arowana which then started fights off disrupting the rest of the tank crashing about

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I've raised Clarias fuscus. Behaviorally more aggressive than a channel catfish. Very active nocturnally. I had a pair in an indoor tank, each night around 2:00am I would hear banging on the lid as they would try to escape, ended up having to add weights to keep them in. I gave a pair to a friend, who was raising Aulonocara in an outdoor pond(4000g),completely overpopulated with cichlids, within a few months the only remaining fish were the cats. They can have big appetites. They are raised in aquaculture fairly extensively in my area, UH has some good info avail on their care.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
i, i have had a 4 line pim (blochii) with various aggressive cichlid over the past 4 years. He/she holds her own and at one point would out muscle everyone. Wiskers is his/her name and would fight equal sized festae, paratheraps, and small parachromis. Plus other semi aggressive cichlids. Only downside is that wiskers is not very active. Stays under his log and comes out a vacuums up pellets in a single run.

Ronin warrior

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
Good size adontis pleco or vampire galaxy pleco are pretty aggressive. They don't take crap from anyone either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store