Got my new jardini today

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I had one of those days where you want to give up fishkeeping today , the gf just rang me while I was at work my JARDINI IS DEAD!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Our electric went of two days ago while we were at work , could have been off up to four hours , when I got in I noticed a few patches on my sd's so I tested the water , ph was low , ammonia nitrates were a little high so I did a wc and added buffer , yesterday when I got home from work I noticed catfish had slimed up , sd's were looking burnt and my aro wasn't himself , so tested again and ammonia was high so I did a 50% wc last night kept ghe watrr level low lights off and added sone melafix to help with the burns .
At this point my jar was sitting on the bottom but still swimming around occasionally , this morn he was swimming around when I looked before work with lights still off , now ive just got the phone call hes gone :(:(:(
not a happy evz tonight

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Brutal dude. Prized fish are dropping like crazy, it's gutting to have them all so close to eachother.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Man, sorry to hear that Evz. I didn't realize impactful it could be for not having power for just 4-5 hours? Either way, that's really too bad and I know how you feel.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Rip jardini :( IMG_20150904_191746.jpg
Now I've got to find a new jardini and its not easy in the UK , there pricey too :mad:
But I'm not giving up on my beloved jardini I will be getting another asap
Any UK members near me know of any nice looking jars going in LFS hit me up with a message please guys ;)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Brutal dude. Prized fish are dropping like crazy, it's gutting to have them all so close to eachother.
Man, sorry to hear that Evz. I didn't realize impactful it could be for not having power for just 4-5 hours? Either way, that's really too bad and I know how you feel.
I know exactly how bad that feeling can get Danny...
Thanks for your support guys , its a horrible feeling when you loose " the fish" when these disasters happen it always seems to be the most prized fish that take the hit

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I'm happy to hear you haven't given up. Pretty soon you will have more jardini experience than anyone lol.

Reactions: Evz jardini

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Oh damm bro just saw this now. Sorry for your loss. Dont get upset, this happens in fish keeping you gotta pull through. :(:(:(:(

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I know mate it wasn't as hard hitting as when I lost my 6yr old one but I'm still well gutted , that's fishkeeping though :mad:
Oh well I'm on the hunt for a jardini again now , cash ready people of the UK ;)

Reactions: dudefish82
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store