Frozen food for Monsters

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
How long do you keep Frozen food in the freezer ?
I usually buy a few Kilos and the food is good for a month.
Since its more convenient to keep lots of the food for my fish rather than buying small amounts and have to keep on going out to buy.

Is there any thing wrong id the food i store is good for a month?
I packe them into smaller bags and just defrost the bag for one feeding.

anything wrong with this?

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I buy frozen food once every 6 months for my fish and cut it up and put it back in the freezer . The fish don't seem to mind. I wouldn't worry about food going bad.
Once i had a squid i bought to eat but it was expired so i put it in the back of the freezer for the fish to eat the next day. I forgot about it, until 3 years later. The fish ate it and did not seem to care.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
6 months will be perfectly fine

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I buy tilapia in 10lb boxes, with each filet individually vacuum sealed. I tend to burn through that in about 2 months. I buy shrimp in 2lb bags, already frozen. That lasts me about 2 weeks. Depending on the state of the seafood when you buy it, a few months shouldn't be a problem. Anything longer and I'd be weary.

Reactions: predatorkeeper87

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I buy tilapia in 10lb boxes, with each filet individually vacuum sealed. I tend to burn through that in about 2 months. I buy shrimp in 2lb bags, already frozen. That lasts me about 2 weeks. Depending on the state of the seafood when you buy it, a few months shouldn't be a problem. Anything longer and I'd be weary.
I buy tilapia in big 5-10pd bags, and each one like shook said is vacuum packed so I dont worry about them generally.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I buy frozen food once every 6 months for my fish and cut it up and put it back in the freezer . The fish don't seem to mind. I wouldn't worry about food going bad.
Once i had a squid i bought to eat but it was expired so i put it in the back of the freezer for the fish to eat the next day. I forgot about it, until 3 years later. The fish ate it and did not seem to care.
What fish is in your avatar?

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
An undulate triggerfish from reef builders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store