Possible to mix?

Dragonfirehead

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2015
Like to put in a dorado, african tiger,artc, mala wolf in 240? Don't wanna do it unless it's safe.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
It may work, for a very short period. People have commed Dorado, atf, and mala in massive tanks, but in a tank this size it won't last long. Atfs are very fragile at a small size, the wolf, mala or artc would destroy it. Also artcs are very aggressive, and as they use the bottom of the tank most, it would fight the mala, and depending on which is bigger and wants it more , one would most likely die. Take out the artc and there's a small chance, but all these fish are known for there aggression. One fish snaps and you got an expensive accident.

Dragonfirehead

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2015
Ok, sounds right about what you saying. I'll keep the artc(my favorite) for the bottom. If atf is weak than I don't want it. How about dorados on top? Or barracudas? I need something fast an aggressive on top.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Dorado are fast, and need a huge tank as they grow. The general thinking is the two species that are mostly available, s.brasiliensis and s.franciscanus, s. Brasi is more tolerant of tank mates. Check out DB junkie threads on his monster tank. But if you try and keep the artc you may only have the Dorado and artc, but if that's the case you'll need a truly massive tank for them

Last edited:

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Of the 240 is the biggest tank you can get then checw out freshwater barracuda, some of them don't get too large and they can school together, and there fast and voracious feeders. But no artc.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
A 240 might work for the Mala or Artc, but that's too small for Dorado or Atf in my opinion.

Get Brycon instead of Dorado and the Wolves would still work. FW Cuda and Wolves won't work. Cuda are really sweet but can't be kept with the more aggressive preds like ATF, Dorado, and Wolves.

Wolves, Brycon, and Odoe would be a sweet combo for a 240. Or could go more delicate, do Cuda, Pink Tailed Chelceus, try to find some Cynopotomus, red tailed Payara, rocket "gar",needle fish all over a bunch of freshwater morays.....

Reactions: fuzzlebug
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store