300G Acrylic tank rocking

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Egon;3648331; said:
Acrylic is ridiculously strong plus its flexible. Also the larger the stand and tank the more "play" there is. I think it's normal after 8 feet to have a little play. No big deal. A good tip is to never shim the tank, if shimming is required then shim the stand only, between the stand and the ground.
True but the seal is not indestructible.:popcorn: I think he should be ok as long as there is not too much play between the stand and tank.

cdc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2008
Menifee, socal
FishNCash;3649027; said:
True but the seal is not indestructible.:popcorn: I think he should be ok as long as there is not too much play between the stand and tank.
There is no play anywhere now it settled its self.
Pics are in the photo lounge.

wheatbackdigger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
illinois
If it was me, I would be worried. Not being perfectly level is one thing, but putting torque on a tank is a complete different thing. The stand should be flat, but doesn't need to be perfectly level. The added weight of water is twisting the acrylic in opposite directions.

Will it fail? who knows.... I would tear it down and do it right. A tank (glass or acrylic) should NOT rock on a stand, nor the stand rock on the floor.

Not trying to scare you, but I personally believe this is the biggest reason for tank failures.

Good Luck
Wheat

dev4000

Feeder Fish
Oct 6, 2015
I am having this same exact issue. LoL I'm gonna try what u did cdc and see if it's okay. My 300 is rocking with a 1/4 inch gap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store