Bucktooth Tetra friends...

BigCoral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2009
here
I say enough of these Exodons can only be with their own. It simply ain't true. Quit making the fish crazier than they are.

Jim Leprino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2015
clearly you have no idea what youre talking about.
do yourself a favor, and do some research.
I have exodons who are 2.5 to 3 inches living with a fathead minnow who eats the scraps of there shrimp pellets and superworms he was added as food but they never bothered him I have not had these fish long but it is a small tank with a small group of exodons and the do not bother the minnow at all mostly squabble with eachother I added the minnow two days after tank was established

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
exos are scale eaters they shouldnt be kept with any other species except piranhas. that is still risky depending on tank size.... i also wouldnt recommend any less then 12

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I have 18 exodons living with 3 Pimelodus blochii's, 2 spotted Raphael's and 2 striped Raphael's. So far so good and I hope it stays that way.

Jim Leprino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2015
exos are scale eaters they shouldnt be kept with any other species except piranhas. that is still risky depending on tank size.... i also wouldnt recommend any less then 12
I am testing and the shop I purchased them from only had five but they are doing well with little to no serious bullying just the common pecking order establishment I know they could eat the minnow and that's fine he was meant as a feeder cuz they were ignoring all other options but there relitivly peaceful Possibly because the pet store fed them pellets for so long They really seem to squabble more with the led lights on and I believe this is clearly because it highlights their silver scales with low light and or a power head I am having good luck keeping a small shoal I did plenty of research before purpose and found a man who kept shoals of 3 and 6 successfully I know I could have issues but so far doing we'll I also put in a few obstacles to deter aggression like a box with holes all through it from petco for fish the small ones can go in to avoid the dominant fish if they are being picked at to much and they seem to use it. Very active fish with large powerful jaws for there small size and quite attractive when lit we'll by led but as I stated I wouldn't leave the light on a lot because it triggers aggression but so far so good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store