GT and convict

Soco

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2015
Johannesburg
www.vetexonline.co.za
Is your GT a female? and what foods do you feed them? Ive read up a bit on GT's because now thanks to you I really want one hahaha and from what I have read they should eat more frozen foods than pellets/flakes? Is that true?

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Is your GT a female? and what foods do you feed them? Ive read up a bit on GT's because now thanks to you I really want one hahaha and from what I have read they should eat more frozen foods than pellets/flakes? Is that true?
I'd be doing it the other way around, more pellets and less frozen food. IMHO I don't think anything compares to a good quality pellet for Gts.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I try and give a varied diet of pellets, frozen, rarely do i add veg but on occasion I will.

The GT is a male, still quite small.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Can anyone please shed some light on the current behaviour on my divided tank?

Right now the female convict has dug a pit at the divider, and the male GT has dug one too on his side, while aggressively trying to bite the divider and swim against it to get through.

This raises some questions:

1) is this simple aggression, and trying to demonstrate it by digging?

2) can south and centrals attempt to breed, even though it is impossible between GT's and convicts?

The GT is actually biting the divider lol, he's easily the most aggressive fish I've ever kept.

Soco

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2015
Johannesburg
www.vetexonline.co.za
I would be lying if I said i knew mate. Sorry to hear of the issues you had between the two of them, those are near impossible to get together as tank mates, both have big egos lol.

Maybe for tank mates a place and or clown loaches maybe if you are still looking for tank mates for the GT?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I would be lying if I said i knew mate. Sorry to hear of the issues you had between the two of them, those are near impossible to get together as tank mates, both have big egos lol.

Maybe for tank mates a place and or clown loaches maybe if you are still looking for tank mates for the GT?
I've seen them work as tank mates before, it just depends on the stocking and tank size really.

My old GT was aggressive to a point that I thought was quite bad, but my current one is bonkers; he even attacks my anubias, tank mates are pretty much out of the question, unless i upgrade, which won't be happening soon lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store