honestly, would you try this? Creepy food

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I get a kick out of the lard asses who order Baconator super meals and wash it all down with a diet soda. ..as if that somehow counters the week's worth of fat and calories that they just ingested.
haha I got an explanation to this once when I worked at Dairy Queen back in the day. I asked a not superbly overweight guy, still fat, why people get a fast food meal with a diet drink and his response was this: "I have diabetes, can't drink that sugar-laden syrup anymore....". Absolutely NO regard for the amount of sugar in the food....just the drink.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I agree, but no one's acting like a baby

all I read was people not only thought it didn't look appealing but with the possible ways of making the cheese and bread black no one cares to try it

except you and the smart guy

besides, this burger doesn't look manly, lol
I don't know of anything manlier at a fast food joint at this point.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
haha I got an explanation to this once when I worked at Dairy Queen back in the day. I asked a not superbly overweight guy, still fat, why people get a fast food meal with a diet drink and his response was this: "I have diabetes, can't drink that sugar-laden syrup anymore....". Absolutely NO regard for the amount of sugar in the food....just the drink.
The hidden sugar(carbs) takes longer to react in the body then straight up sugar. Straight up sugars (regular soda) can affect ones blood sugar level in less then 10 minutes. A food with carbs(burger) takes about an hour to start and can last hours.

Think of it as a heavy rainfall that lasts only 5 minutes vs a drizzle that lasts an hour. The slower the better as that gives the insulin time counter-react to it.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
The hidden sugar(carbs) takes longer to react in the body then straight up sugar. Straight up sugars (regular soda) can affect ones blood sugar level in less then 10 minutes. A food with carbs(burger) takes about an hour to start and can last hours.

Think of it as a heavy rainfall that lasts only 5 minutes vs a drizzle that lasts an hour. The slower the better as that gives the insulin time counter-react to it.
I understand that, and am well aware of the differences in carbs vs simple sugars etc. I used to body build lol, counted every macronutrient that went into my body every day for years. I'm just saying if you have diabetes the effects of fast food aren't going to be any better than a non-diet drink. Slower yes, but ultimately the same negative outcome.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I disgree, as a diabetic my sugars can go up an extra 200 from drinking a sugared drink in less then an hour. Eating a burger may only raise it an extra 50-100 because the insulin is fighting to keep it down.

When I have lows...I head straight for a sugared soda and in less then 20 minutes I'm fine. I've eaten heavy carb'ed foods before and even had lows before the food finally went into my system.

There has even been times that it's taken 4-5 hours to feel the full effects of the food

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I disgree, as a diabetic my sugars can go up an extra 200 from drinking a sugared drink in less then an hour. Eating a burger may only raise it an extra 50-100 because the insulin is fighting to keep it down.

When I have lows...I head straight for a sugared soda and in less then 20 minutes I'm fine. I've eaten heavy carb'ed foods before and even had lows before the food finally went into my system.

There has even been times that it's taken 4-5 hours to feel the full effects of the food
I still feel as if fast food is a bad idea regardless, but I'll concede as you have the experience.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Yea, any food/drink heavy in carbs is bad, because it makes the insulin work harder to keep it down... it just easier to balance myself when it's in carb form.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store