My new large dinosaur eel

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Here's an older pic of my pbb when it was washed out. It's the top photo to compare.

These two share the same body type, same Finlet pattern, same long tail, and identical elongated head shape. :)

I'll provide an updated body pic of new poly when I get home from work.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Champagne Papi

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
That's a P.B. Lapradei. Sweet pick up.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Here is the video. The LFS stated the individual who traded in this big poly said it was a poly bichir bichir. They were still confused because it was so washed out. So, they labeled it as a Congicous bichir. Go figure. I knew it wasn't one, but guessed it was a wild large headed lapredei type or even a low end PBB, lol..... Here's the photo/video as I stated I would. She hides quite a bit behind my large driftwood and still washed out. It may take weeks for her patterns to pop. What do you guys think? Expert imputs with knowledge of the Lapredei / PBB complex would be greatly appreciated! I have a PBB and the body and head shape is the same.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Looks awesome man. Looks like someone was displaying dominance lol

Congrats on the pick up

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Appreciate all the nice comments everybody! Thank you.

Here is day 2. Please check out this video in it's entirety. Does the resemblance look pbb? Opinions and expertise from owners with knowledge of poly bichir bichir, and big wild lap variants is greatly appreciated. Aside from it still being washed out. Look at the overall profile. Such as head and body shape. Please provide your inputs. Thanks again!

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Day 4 photos. I blocked off her hiding spot in the back with more driftwood and rocks. So, she's up to the front glass more often. Haven't seen her eat yet.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store