Please Help! Foggy Water

pistonville

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Please Help!

I recently setup a brand new 125 gallon freshwater tank. I installed a Fluval FX6 canister filter and put in 12 Zebra Fish to get the tank cycling. The water was crystal clear for a week. After testing my water I added 3 fish (1 Oscar, 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Needlenose Gar). My tank remained crystal clear but my pH was too high. The fish store recommended that I add Discuss Buffer and add peat granules to my filter, which I did. Within a couple days, my water was no longer crystal clear. My water is now a little foggy, and getting worse each day. I rinsed the peat granules before I added them, but could they be causing my water to get foggy? It wasn't foggy before I added them to my filter? The only other thing I can think of is that my fish are not eating very well and the food I'm putting in the tank is just settling on the bottom. The food that is settling on the bottom is regular Omega Freshwater Flakes, New Era Cichlid Pellets and New Life Spectrum Medium Fish Food.

Why is my water cloudy? How can I fix it?

Please Help!

Thanks,

Joffrey

Peppersocks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hard water with ph adjusters will do that. Your fish are fine. I would not mess with the pH because you will never be able to matain a steady pH. Hope it clears up (i had to do almostly full water changes to get rid of my foggy water)

moneygetter1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
NYC
Agree w/ above W/C's will help return your water to crystal. Your bacteria also has to catch up to the load you have put on it. Give it a few days. The fish don't mind as long as the food is good & the water is wet. lol lol "T"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store