A.Spatula and RTCxTSN Hybrid compatibility

Dubeckyj

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
Canada
I've kept a gator gar with a TSN for over two years. They were both over 12", though, and the TSN was 28" when it passed away. The only issue was whisker damage and torn fins on the TSN when the gar was excited during feeding time. Gar temperament varies from fish to fish, though, so you may find your gar will tear any tankmate to shreds. My gator is probably around 30" right now, and has lived happily with a 17" FLG for three years.

Points to note:
- if one fish grows faster than the other (they both have high growth rates, I've never kept a hybrid) one may eat the other
- you'll need a larger aquarium VERY soon. My TSN only spent a few months in a 140 L before moving to a 340 L, which it outgrew in less than a year. I had to make the poor thing a temporary house out of children's wading pools while the pond was being built. As everybody keeps saying, have the pond built first, don't think you'll have it ready after you have the fish.

hydroxide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2015
Indonesia
www.reddit.com
I've kept a gator gar with a TSN for over two years. They were both over 12", though, and the TSN was 28" when it passed away. The only issue was whisker damage and torn fins on the TSN when the gar was excited during feeding time. Gar temperament varies from fish to fish, though, so you may find your gar will tear any tankmate to shreds. My gator is probably around 30" right now, and has lived happily with a 17" FLG for three years.

Points to note:
- if one fish grows faster than the other (they both have high growth rates, I've never kept a hybrid) one may eat the other
- you'll need a larger aquarium VERY soon. My TSN only spent a few months in a 140 L before moving to a 340 L, which it outgrew in less than a year. I had to make the poor thing a temporary house out of children's wading pools while the pond was being built. As everybody keeps saying, have the pond built first, don't think you'll have it ready after you have the fish.

allright, thanks alot amigo :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store