Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Jack Dempsey I think.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Really stressed salvini. Gender im not sure, but if it has black on the dorsal then female

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey
Really stressed salvini. Gender im not sure, but if it has black on the dorsal then female
i can definitely see salvini. was feeding the second it hit the tank and on close look, really bright red tai and belly and really nice bluish pearling througout. i tried some pics but flash makes it tough and i'm leaving the lights off the rest of the night for acclimationIMG_20151013_194821_705.jpg IMG_20151013_194741_758.jpg IMG_20151013_194620_725.jpg

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Unfortunately another mix..
I'm getting to the point now, I'm just not even going to LFS anymore. CA Cichlids in LFS are SO sorry, tanks are bad, fish are sick, no clue what the fish are, they can never tell me where they got the fish they do have. I travel for work alot, and I've been to LFS all over the Southeast, and they're all like that.

What I can't understand is, how do they sell coral and marine fish? If coral takes more care and more attention to water parameters, but these LFS can't keep CA cichlids in stock and healthy....how do they keep all these corals alive?

They do seem to sell LOTS more marine tank stuff, that's for sure. That's odd, too. The hardest, most expensive, and most labor intensive part of the hobby is what seems to be the most popular--why?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm getting to the point now, I'm just not even going to LFS anymore. CA Cichlids in LFS are SO sorry, tanks are bad, fish are sick, no clue what the fish are, they can never tell me where they got the fish they do have. I travel for work alot, and I've been to LFS all over the Southeast, and they're all like that.

What I can't understand is, how do they sell coral and marine fish? If coral takes more care and more attention to water parameters, but these LFS can't keep CA cichlids in stock and healthy....how do they keep all these corals alive?

They do seem to sell LOTS more marine tank stuff, that's for sure. That's odd, too. The hardest, most expensive, and most labor intensive part of the hobby is what seems to be the most popular--why?
I'd say that's a cost vs reward talk there...that's the way most of the LFS I visit are. The saltwater section is pristine and the freshwater side falls to the wayside. More money to be had, more care taken.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I'm in the southeast as well so I feel your pain. Money talks $60 for a sw fish or $13 for a fw.

If the op can get a better pic without a flash and with the tank light on it would help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store