leave the divider in or no?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
So as I begin to take back stock to prepare for my upcoming larger tanks I'm faced with a delima. My EBJD and Bleekeri have been sharing 1/2 (well a little more) of the 55 while my JD had the other 1/2. Took my JD back yesterday and will be taking back the EBJD and Bleekeri in about a month and 1/2. Since they are currently getting along in such a small space I think they could also do well at the store, meaning they hopefully would get a new home sooner. My fear is that I remove the divider and they get used to the 55 again and then when they get put together in a smaller store tank they'll begin to fight.

Anyways, sorry for being long winded but ultimately I just want what's best for the fish in the long run. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
remove the divider for now. when they get to the store theyre probably not going to be the only two in a tank and will probably be pretty stressed the hell out. any fighting that happens in the store wont have anything to do with your current set up.

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Well that's the thing. They have "trade in day" the day before they get shipments in and have a few empty tanks. If I call and give them a heads up they can probably have a tank to themselves.

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Still, good point. I'll probably take it out tonight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store