Identify your North American Native Fish

catfishtimmy

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Northern Pennsylvania
nice madtom stone catfish^ anybody keep these? I can never catch one with out parasites.

Caught 2 of these beautiful native bullheads, awesome colors anyone see a yellow bullhead like this?
IMG_2461.PNG IMG_2462.JPG

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole

srt4geezer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tank is cycled I believe, so I removed the small bass and a bluegill I had to cycle and added two new bluegill to test fish health. Anyone know what kind of bluegill it is?

20151017_195908.jpg

srt4geezer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tank is cycled I believe, so I removed the small bass and a bluegill I had to cycle and added two new bluegill to test fish health. Anyone know what kind of bluegill it is?

View attachment 1145302
Must be a green sunfish. The ones Ive run into before this had orange edges on fins and more distinct blue lines in face. These are pretty similar though

KetkuFIN

Feeder Fish
Sep 9, 2014
finland
hi all. i have couple of bullheads in my tanks and i have a problem identifying them. they are wild caught (just so happened i drove 1400kilometers to fish them) and they should be brown bullheads.
the problem is, i counted only 19 anal fin rays and i think they may actually be black bullheads? also they have smooth edges on their spines.
even though these are not north american caught fish, but instead, they are from southern finland. they were introduced here first in 1920 from germany and later on they were transferred around finland until 1950 someone noticed that they have no commercial value so the transferring was halted.
i have been obsessed to find them since i was 10, and finally last summer i found them and im now 27 :D
talk about obsession...
anyway, i hope someone can help me with these, i can post pictures of them when i figure how to do it :) (first time posting pics on a forum via mobile)

20151018_121706.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store