Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
+1 on the update, and could you share some aimara experience? What's the biggest you've had and if you out it in a bigger tank did it prove to still be aggressive?

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
The largest aimara I've owned was 71cm at death.
It was a fish I obtained in a trade rom a very good aimara keeper who had purchased it at about 43cm from Oliver Lucanus.
He traded it to me at 61cm.
I only had it in a 1,814 litre tank by itself.
No experience with other fish.

I did have a small one I raised to 46cm and put in my 36,700 litre section of the 56k litre
It was non aggressive in that tank and hid in large sections of bog wood that was provided.

It however was killed within a year possibly be the Hemibagrus wyckii. Never got the body out to measure it as the stingrays and plecos in the tank ate the body.

Reactions: moe214

bosanova

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2011
new york
Post 65,
"There are many people with large tanks out there. I hesitated to show the pics before on a wide basis just like they don't because I did not want to look like I was showing off. I've done it now not to brag or show off but because I hope it will encourage others to build large tanks for their fish."

WHAT!
this needs to be shown to the world! I always say get the biggest tank you can but, without being rude, I think you got confused!
really this is special, if I had the money I'd cross the ocean to see this thing!
A proper tank! And it was DIY! My favourite! (Well as DIY as could be)
if anyone can beat this, whoooooo eeeeee!
(yes I realise it isn't showing off, it's pride)

hope it's all still going well!
i was almost speechless, but that's what I managed to blurt out.
first class!
Post 65,
"There are many people with large tanks out there. I hesitated to show the pics before on a wide basis just like they don't because I did not want to look like I was showing off. I've done it now not to brag or show off but because I hope it will encourage others to build large tanks for their fish."

WHAT!
this needs to be shown to the world! I always say get the biggest tank you can but, without being rude, I think you got confused!
really this is special, if I had the money I'd cross the ocean to see this thing!
A proper tank! And it was DIY! My favourite! (Well as DIY as could be)
if anyone can beat this, whoooooo eeeeee!
(yes I realise it isn't showing off, it's pride)

hope it's all still going well!
i was almost speechless, but that's what I managed to blurt out.
first class!
Thank you, Jamie

Glad you enjoyed my tank and welcome to MFK

The tank is still up and running in its 21st year.
IF i were your landlord,i'll be sooooooooo pissed LOL

Reactions: Justin Martin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store