Need Help Designing Sump for My Twin Tanks

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Absolute beautiful setup you got.
I'd go with filter socks first.
Put in a double divider with foam to filter out the real small stuff, then a compartment with bioballs and last compartment with lava-rock or ceramic rings.
From there pump out to the tanks again.

Alternately, if you want to keep it simple, filter socks under the tank outlets. Then fill the whole tub with bio-balls, pump return.
And if necessary, a 2 stage Bakki Filter on top for aeration and additional filter capacity.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
I'd try for something like this.
sump.gif

alfa grog is cheap in the UK, very expensive here, so it may not be the cheapest way to go.I'd use that or pond matrix (sintered glass if you can find it cheaper) as a first choice. I actually mixed the two together in my sump.
as far as the plants, I don't know what's available in india, but pothos vine on a trellis up the wall behind the sump, water hyacinth or watter lettuce in the settling pond, and something rooted in the alfa grog like cat-tails.

sump.gif

Reactions: BERSERK

BERSERK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
India
Just a really late update, here are the tanks close to the finishing stage. got crappy pictures on my cell phone but should be visible. The first 3 are tank one and the last one is tank 2.

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store