Gold Tier HarleyK, Illustrious Aquaculturist

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
For December '15 end of the month voting:

EDIT- Upon reviewing the rules of the awards again, I've decided to upgrade my nomination to Illustrious Fish Breeder (Gold) based on the following:

Illustrious Fish Breeder

Requirements-
A member will have proven to have significantly advanced some aspect of the husbandry of fish by exploring new frontiers of breeding. This will be signified by notable accomplishments such as breeding a species that has not been bred in captivity by a hobbyist before or by demonstrating a long and prolific history of captive breeding fish in order to protect an endangered species or to further the availability of a previously unavailable fish.​

It definitely applies!

=========================================================

HarleyK HarleyK has broached new frontiers in the field of captive fish husbandry. He has successfully bred African Pike Characins (Hepsetus odoe) in captivity. This is one of, if not the, first case of this happening in an aquarium. Given the unique nature of this unprecidented accomplishment, he deserves to be recognized. The requirement for the issuance of a Silver fish breeder award specifically allow for rare, one off occurances such as this.

Proof:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/odoe-pikes-making-foam.604544/

Last edited:

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Upon reviewing the rules of the awards, I've decided that this is definitely worthy of an upgrade to Gold.

Illustrious Fish Breeder

Requirements- A member will have proven to have significantly advanced some aspect of the husbandry of fish by exploring new frontiers of breeding. This will be signified by notable accomplishments such as breeding a species that has not been bred in captivity by a hobbyist before or by demonstrating a long and prolific history of captive breeding fish in order to protect an endangered species or to further the availability of a previously unavailable fish.​

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
You guys are very kind, thank you

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator