Getting the 240 up and running.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Inside the beast..jpg Inside the beast..jpg Loading the wood..jpg building the stand..jpg on top.jpg better lighting.jpg So I have finally got a large tank. Due to some financial restrictions gonna take a couple weeks before I can get her up and running. Heres what I have so far. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Nice stand, mate!

Ya gunna make a sump for it too?
What are your stocking plans? Can't wait to see it up and going :)

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
When I move out of my parents house it will have a sump. My pops is a little nervous about a sump, thinks its going to flood the house. As of now the stock only includes:
Albino channel catfish 1
Tire track eel 1
Lima shovelnose catfish 1.

I would like to add a silver arowana
red terror
vieja sispilum
and maybe a jag. Not really sure yet.

The arowana is a must though.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Well I get to order my canister filters on wednesday. Then I can schedule the cleaning and polish of the tank by friday. All thats left to work out is getting the lights, heaters, sand, driftwood and rocks. Should be up and running in a couple weeks.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Ok so I finally have filtration in. Going to be using 2x FX6's. Also have lights will be 2x 48-something LED 720 lumin each. Have a guy coming out on the 28th to do some work on the acrylic. After that it will be getting filled with water. have decided on the final stock of
1 silver Arowona
1 False tigrinus catfish
1 spotted gar
1 Pbass -Kelberi
1 vieja synspilum
1 tyre track eel
1 fire eel.
The eels might be getting rehomed when they get larger. Will update with picks when its up and running.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
So after a couple months and a good chunk of change the tank is finally up and running.
Pretty crazy that I can climb in my fishtank and lay down.
cleaning.jpg
cleaning2.jpg
Just the filters and the lights.
equipment.jpg
These filters are massive.
big.jpg
I have just enough space to access the filters.
filter in the stand.jpg
Getting the stand ready for everything.
the stand.jpg
The awesome driftwood I picked up for the tank.
massive driftwood.jpg
The tank is finally in place and ready to be filled.
inplaceblurry'.jpg
The tank is finally filled and ready for fish. The only thing left to do is finish the trim on the stand and install hardware and repaint the canopy.
filled with water.jpg

Special thanks to TexOscar1 TexOscar1 He told me about the tank and took me to pick it up.

Reactions: TexOscar1

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Well will see the silver aro in there saturday if everything goes as planned

Reactions: fishbum

nmadsen4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2008
phoenix
Nice work, looks pretty clean to me. May I ask the dimensions? I'm assuming 8x2x2 but some of the pictures make it look a bit tall and thin.

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Nice work, looks pretty clean to me. May I ask the dimensions? I'm assuming 8x2x2 but some of the pictures make it look a bit tall and thin.
Thank you and yea its 8x2x2. I thought the same myself measured a buttload of times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store