Grouper ID

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I finally got a good video of it. It looks like a minutus grouper with no red pigment.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I remembered this thread and came across this. Not sure but maybe it's something similar your looking for.

image.png

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Thanks for the picture. I have no idea what it is. I think it might be leucistic, he has bright yellow fins.

It is hard to get a good picture. He stays in his Buddha head and only comes out to eat. He is quick.
Here is a video. I tried to screen shot the video to get a picture. As I said before he is quick.

FishBoss825

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2015
New York
Thanks for the picture. I have no idea what it is. I think it might be leucistic, he has bright yellow fins.

It is hard to get a good picture. He stays in his Buddha head and only comes out to eat. He is quick.
Here is a video. I tried to screen shot the video to get a picture. As I said before he is quick.

This thing looks like it could possibly be a lucistic minniatus, do you still have it?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I still have it. I decided to throw in a bunch of ghost shrimp a month or 2 ago. He was always timid but will pop his head out during feeding time and grab a piece of food. Now that he has a 24 hour source of live food I rarely see him and he doesn't eat frozen food. In the past month I saw him maybe 2 or 3 times. I am not going to add anymore ghost shrimp once he finishes off the current batch. Hopefully he will start to pop his head out and eat frozen food again.

Reactions: jordanlewis100

FishBoss825

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2015
New York
I still have it. I decided to throw in a bunch of ghost shrimp a month or 2 ago. He was always timid but will pop his head out during feeding time and grab a piece of food. Now that he has a 24 hour source of live food I rarely see him and he doesn't eat frozen food. In the past month I saw him maybe 2 or 3 times. I am not going to add anymore ghost shrimp once he finishes off the current batch. Hopefully he will start to pop his head out and eat frozen food again.
He certainly is an amazing fish, I'd love to see more of him once his feeding schedule changes haha

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Coney, Rockhind, Redhind, Graysby, etc - they're all pretty similar, IMO, hard to tell apart, but I'm far from versed in SW too, so IDK

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store