Corner tank shot of bichir substrate.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Ok, now that I am over the shock of seeing your tank, here are some comments

-unreal poly collection- argueably the finest on MFK and NA balanced beautifully with quality dithers
-fantastic aquascaping-driftwood, plants substrate
Top notch engineering- sump, canister,plant filtration and LED lighting

All of the above housed in an a Monster 8 foot tank

You sir have raised the bar high

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Monster polys for a monster tank for a monster fish keeper! It looks beautiful, definitely one of the nicer tanks around

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
This thread of yours can never end..... Awesome once again!

That green intake tube on the left is slanted and an eyesore. Now you got to start everything all over again ! :)

framcosco image.jpg

Reactions: moe214

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Ok, now that I am over the shock of seeing your tank, here are some comments

-unreal poly collection- argueably the finest on MFK and NA balanced beautifully with quality dithers
-fantastic aquascaping-driftwood, plants substrate
Top notch engineering- sump, canister,plant filtration and LED lighting

All of the above housed in an a Monster 8 foot tank

You sir have raised the bar high
Thanx for the kind words brother!! But..... I feel silly that I had to put the Eheim 2262 outside the stand but I have the stand packed with two sumps (I'll post some pics soon).

it's true.. THIS IS AMAZING!
all the bichirs look happy and they have a lot more space now! but just 1 question, no top dweller?
Finally! Something you approve of!!! As for your last question, this is a TRUE poly tank with all other fish needing a FUNCTION to be in that tank.....the eartheaters sift through the sand all day & the SDs eat the smaller particles of food the bichirs do not eat.....I can't think of a top dweller that would be beneficial to the polys..... the polys are sooo happy now....most are gaining incredible girth..... I love it.

Monster polys for a monster tank for a monster fish keeper! It looks beautiful, definitely one of the nicer tanks around
Thanx a million for the kind words!!!

This thread of yours can never end..... Awesome once again!

That green intake tube on the left is slanted and an eyesore. Now you got to start everything all over again ! :)

View attachment 1151843
Bwahahahaha..... that damn green intake! I thought it would have blended in with the plants!!! Back to the drawing board!!!!

Very nice! Tank looks great!
Thanx Hao!!

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
on the left, I have mechanical & one live planted pot (pathos) which is growing insane..... on the right I have mechanical and $800 worth of sintered glass (biohomme & serra siporax) as bio media in a wet & dry setup.......

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
These pics were taken about two weeks ago. At the time I had blue lights used by reefers in addition to my current set-up, hence the blue tint. That congicus is my newest addition at almost 20"s & has like a yellowish base color which looks totally different than the rest of my congis.

IMG_20151106_125606.jpg IMG_20151106_125433.jpg IMG_20151106_134226.jpg IMG_20151106_134325.jpg

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store