Fluidised Bed Filter Flow rate problem

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
Btw, I just Googled that pump...Venus Aqua....and I can't believe it cost only $4 dollars U.S.
Thats amazing.
That powerhead here in the states would be $20.
Anyway, I would get a powerhead dedicated only to the filter...and I would hang the filter on the back of the aquarium.

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
Thanks......
the filter hangs on the side.
Had thought of using both the nozzles of that powerhead once, but the flow was slow but ok.
Things were great before, with the previous model of the FBF with an ordinary powerhead. The bigger model was working fine but suddenly the flow is around a trickle. The filter is being emptied and checked regularly, by moving between 3 different pumps.
I personally suspect the diffuser, the ball is the cause, its not moving well inside the chamber by the water force.
Will check and solve the problem and let you know.

bornaries

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
INDIA
Between the US and India- the price is around one tenth (in India). But you can get everything in the US to buy and thats so overwhelming. If you want to bring anything from US to India the transport cost becomes severe and the price gets almost tripled.
After searching for synspilum for 2 decades I got babies for $1.07/ piece here, now imagine the price there, but you get fish from Jeff Rapps and other top class importers, wholesalers in the US where you can know the exact name of the rivers and lakes they are from. Here I am unsure of what i have got whether its Belize or other synspilum. I hope they are from Belize, which will get the real synspilum colours with red gold and turquoise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store